Frequently Asked Questions
Our Holiday Return Policy applies to all purchases made from October 1, 2014 through December 25, 2014. We will gladly accept these items if returned by February 28, 2015.
If you are returning a gift and are not the original purchaser, please be sure to indicate the item you would like in exchange and any changes to the delivery address. You should also indicate if you would prefer to have a Gift Card mailed to you if your exchange is out of stock. Please note, if no replacement item or Gift Card is requested, the return credit will apply to the original form of payment used to make the purchase.
Yes! UrbanOutfitters.com offers two gift box options. For $4.00 per item, we'll wrap your gift in our tissue paper, seal it with an Urban Outfitters sticker and place it in a special Urban Outfitters box. Want to DIY? For $3.00 per item, you will receive all the materials mentioned above so you can wrap your gift on your own. To select this option, click Add Gift Option during checkout. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer gift wrap for orders shipped to addresses outside the US; we apologize for any inconvenience. Click here to see our gift boxes!
- Be sure to note that you are returning a gift and fill out any updated shipping information on your packing list.
- Simply fill out the return & exchange form on your packing list and place it in a securely sealed shipping container, making sure that all shipping labels are removed or obscured.
- Drop your package in a mailbox, give it to your postal carrier or take it to any authorized USPS facility.
- Remember to save a copy of your 12-digit order number found in the upper left-hand corner of your packing list.
You can return or exchange any unworn, unwashed or defective merchandise by mail or at one of our US or Canada store locations. Returns made within 30 days of the order shipment date will be refunded to the original form of payment. Returns made after 30 days of the order shipment date will be refunded via an emailed e-merchandise credit. Returned gifts will be refunded via a standard gift card sent to the original order shipping address. Click here for more information on returns & exchanges.
Use your prepaid (FREE!) SmartLabel?
- Fill out the Return + Exchange Form on your packing list
- Place in a securely sealed package along with your item(s)
- Save a copy of your 12-digit order number (upper left-hand corner of your packing list)
- Affix the pre-paid, pre-addressed shipping label to your package
- Ensure old shipping labels are removed or obscured
- Postage is not required
- Drop your package in a mailbox, give it to your postal carrier, schedule a free carrier pickup, or take it to any authorized USPS facility
Returns Without a prepaid SmartLabel?
- Fill out your Return + Exchange Form and place it in your secure shipping container
- Ensure there are no other shipping or tracking labels attached to your package
- Use a trackable and insured shipping method; we cannot accept COD returns. Please note: Urban Outfitters is not responsible for any returns that are lost or stolen while in transit
- Include your order number on the return label
- Mail your return to:
Attn: Returns Department
30 Industrial Park Blvd.
Trenton, SC 29847
- We will email you once your return is processed
Returning to a store?
Our US and Canadian stores will gladly accept your Urbanoutfitters.com return! Your return must be accompanied by your packing list.
Within 30 days: The original method of payment will be refunded in full
After 30 days: A merchandise credit will be issued for the price paid
Gift Return: A merchandise credit will be issued
Please visit our Store Locator to find the store nearest you.
We start working on your order as soon as it is placed, so we are unable to make any changes or modifications to an order after it has been confirmed.
Yes, we ship to over 100 countries! For a full listing of the countries to which we ship, please visit our International Shipping page.
- American Express
- China Union Pay
- Diners Club
- Urban Outfitters Gift Cards
- Store Merchandise Gift Cards
We sometimes have merchandise for sale that has not yet been received at our distribution center, or which has sold out and is being restocked. You can still order these items to reserve your favorite color or size, and we'll ship them to you as soon as supplies are replenished. The expected ship date for backordered merchandise is listed when you add an item to your bag and also during Checkout.
Check Your Order
What's up with my stuff?
- Check order status
- View order history
- Get shipping information
- Track Packages
Founded in 1970, Urban Outfitters operates more than 130 stores in the United States, Canada and Europe, all offering an eclectic mix of merchandise. We stock with what we love, calling on our — and our customer's — interest in contemporary art, music and fashion. From men's & women's apparel and accessories to items for the apartment, we offer a lifestyle-specific shopping experience for the educated, urban-minded individual — both online and in our stores as well as through our catalog.